Old October 24th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Second Question Same As The First (almost)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:03:28 -0500, "PowerHouse Communications"
wrote:

"if you say so" wrote in message

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's
excellent,so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want to
run power, get the Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get the
Wilson 1000. You are close to max with the K40. I owned both, and

thought
they were equally effective, except for the power handling. Vinnie S.

The K40 is rated to 500watts.

So that little capacitor in the base of the coil can handle the full 500
watts?

Not unless they redesigned it. The cap would normally be good to about
150watts if you didn't push it.