Old October 25th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett Jim Hackett is offline

Default Adaepters for car stereo to shortwave

I would have to agree with Wavetrapper based on the construction quality of
my 1020-C. Would the manual antenna tuner you refer to be a 16010? Mine is
built like a tank!

"wavetrapper" wrote in message
oups.com...
Don't mean to disagreeable....but MFJ stuff is well known for quality
control problems.
Go over to eham.net and read reviews on just about anything MFJ.

I have to give them credit for the wide array of stuff they offer. I
have owned many MFJ devices over the years and except for one manual
antenna tuner - it's all been pretty disappointing.

I would look at other options, if any exist.

Lisa Simpson wrote:
MFJ's stuff is usally pretty good . . .

"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought this was kind of interesting, I do spend alot of time driving
and cannot stand 98% of local radio broadcasts.
I don't know the quality of this particular manufacturer.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-306