Old October 25th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kd5sak kd5sak is offline

Default I don't remember horse and buggy, outhouses, or churning butter

"amdx" wrote in message

Slow Code wrote:

New hams just don't appreciate things anymore.

I don't remember,
cutting wood for winter, foraging the woods for berries,
turning the crank on a model T, building a spear to kill a deer,
washing my clothes in the river, making candles to light the night.
And I do appreciate that I don't have to do these things anymore.
Mike

I have helped cut wood for winter heating. I have also foraged for berries,
actually Granny knew where to look and took me along to help pick berries. I
have never hand cranked a model T, but have watched others do it (was tied
up with winter wood cutting, the "T" drove a belt with a rear axle wheel to
drive a large circular saw) I never did any of the other things listed, but
if Granny were still here, I'd bet she has and could describe the process.
Except the spear hunting, that was before Grannys time and on the other side
of the family.

Harold
KD5SAK