Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default SC

"David G. Nagel" wrote in
:

Slow Code wrote:
The no-coders on two meters weren't any help? Damn.

SC

Actually I was most likely the only ham on the road that night. Even if
I wasn't the truck drivers know the road since they drive it every day
where as very few hams do so. I generally see 100-200 CB equipped
trucks and cars for each ham equipped truck/car. You tell me which
service is better for road conditions?

Ham radio is better. With CB you can only go out about fifteen miles, but
with ham you can get road conditions three states away. Of course, with
all the no-codes and nickle amateurs on ham radio these days the road
reports aren't as good as they used to be.

SC