Old October 26th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default 11 meter quad beam

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

"pete" wrote:

"Steveo" wrote in message

Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market
today?

Hardly anyone uses them, try google for reviews.

Yeah I tried that first and it seems you're right, Pete. My Y-quad is
wore out after many years of good service and I was wondering if the
Maco comet would be much of an upgrade:

http://www.bellscb.com/products/ante...maco_comet.htm

Or just buy another Y-quad.

http://www.bellscb.com/products/antennas/Maco/yquad.htm

I wish the PDL II was still being made.

Ever think of a JoGunn? Maybe Jay in the Mojave can come up with
something.

Yeah I was looking at the JO GUNN STAR and comparing it to the Maco Comet.
The comet is lighter and less expensive but I don't know about durability.
The 3 + 3 has a bit better rejection and gain numbers, if they're to be
believed.

http://www.bellscb.com/products/ante...maco_comet.htm

http://www.jogunn.com/jgstar.htm