Old January 13th 04, 08:54 AM
Alan

In article (Brian Kelly) writes:

I checked my own car last week and the circuit is fused for 15 amps. I
was just wondering if 15 amps is some sort of "standard".

I've done #8 zip cord thru firewalls installations but that's not a
consideration in this instance. I want to be able to occasionally move
my equipment from vehicle to vehicle without having to run a power
cable all the way to the battery. It's apparently done all the time
with a ten amp plug. Back to square one . .

VW seems to use a 20 amp fuse for the lighter -- at least in the Jetta.

The problem seems to be voltage drop -- perhaps they can handle 20
amps, but there is still voltage drop -- even 10 amps had a good deal
of voltage drop.

Alan
wa6azp