Old October 27th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of hamradio?

Not Lloyd wrote:
When a new licensee (the level of license is irrelevant) tells me that you
can't work DX without an amplifier, I just tell him about the countries I
worked with my 100 watt radio and relatively low mount G5RV.

Uhhhhh Dee, your 100 watt radio has an amplifier in it
as do all modern transceivers. I have, in the past, worked
DX using just an oscillator but I personally don't know of
anyone who doesn't use an amplifier nowadays.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp