Old October 27th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
JJ JJ is offline

Default Mobile phone batteries - new uses ?

Hi Mike, be very careful with that type of battery.
Charging them should be done with the charger meant for them (one
battery at a time).
Lithium Ion batteries are great but If charged wrongly they can explode!!!!
With a lot of force!!!!
Good luck and 73

JJ

Mike wrote:

Hi,

Like everyone, I've a number of mobile phones which I don't use
anymore. I was thinking I could make use of those rechargeable
batteries which are going to waste. How do I put them to use in small
devices like portable radios, toys. They seem to have 3 battery
terminals -
how do I wire them ? What is the voltage ? How to ensure that I
don't blow my radio up ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs,

Mike Tan