Old October 27th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default RF gets into computer

"John, N9JG" wrote in
t:

When I operate on 75 meter SSB with my transceiver, my computer beeps
and disconnects/reconnects my USB connected keyboard. Note that I do not
have this problem on 40 meter SSB. My computer is located on the second
floor of a brick house, and one end of my dipole is about 15 feet from
my shack.

From comments made by others, I may have to put RF filters on the cables
and wires connected to my computer. I am contemplating the use of
Amidon FT-240-77 ferrite toroids, which have an I.D. of 1.4 inches and
cost $9 each. If I buy in quantities of 10, is there a cheaper source
for this toroid?

Any comments or suggestions on this problem would be appreciated.

Do CW, you won't know if it's your computer or radio beeping. Problem
solved.

SC