Old January 13th 04, 06:43 PM
AA

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with RF affecting this car
or the Ford Taurus (Same car, different name).

My old company car (1999 Taurus) did just fine with the Alinco DR570 and the 6M
sideband rig installed, but was noisy (S4-S5). The new company vehicle
(someone here likes Fords, don't know why) has quite a bit more RF noise but
the NB and DSP handle it. Noise reduction mods go on the fuel pump leads this
weekend. Current install is the same ole DR570 and the Yaesu FT857 for HF/6M
driving the ATAS100.

Neither vehicle was affected by RF from the radios, and the present Ford has
never hiccupped w/100W out from the 857. Power is directly from the battery,
everything is well grounded.