Old January 15th 04, 06:39 PM
Brian Kelly

pamme (VHFRadioBuff) wrote in message ...
Radio Shack sells an adapter that would work. It's rated at 10 amps and comes
with a pos and neg binding post, like that on a power supply. With a decent car
ACCESSORY port (not cigarette lighter port), you can run a 50 watt FM radio. I
have been using on in my work car with no problems. The radio indicated over
14VDC when it is turned on and plugged into the aftermarket accessory port.

First I've heard of an "accessory port" vs. a lighter rerceptacle. Do
you know if those are available as aftermarket items which can be
installed separately from the usual lighter receptacle?

At the aft end there two
nice big red/black screw-down terminal posts of the usual design which
can accomodate up to #10 wire, maybe even #8. Nicely finished, quality
piece

That sounds like the one I picked up from Radio Shack. Part number 270-1521.
Here's a link:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=270-1521

Hope that helps!

That's it! That's the plug I borrowed from my buddy. So he didn't get
it at a truck stop after all. I'm outta here for the neighborhood
Radio Slack!

Tnx Andy!

73! de Andy KC2SSB
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw