Old October 28th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Question for the group. Mainly new hams.

Slow Code wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote in

I would bet that the person flashing SOS knows little, or no morse code
other than SOS.

This, as an argument for hams using CW, is kind of like "mayday" being
an argument for hams being conversant in French.

-Chuck

Spoken like a true "I-Hate-CW" Whiner. Why you even worried about it
anyway, you don't even have a welfare license.

Actually, I have held an advanced class ticket for more than 30 years.

I took my test at 1919 M Street, NW? Washington, DC. Under the watchful
eye of an FCC examiner. My code test came off of an old signal corps
paper tape driven code practice machine. The key they gave me to use was
from the same set.

My receiving speed was somewhere around 40wpm, and my sending sucks rope.
I never could master an Iambic keyer.

-Chuck