Old October 28th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in

The late Dick Carrol/W0EX prided himself on being able to send code
so poorly that even a computer code reader couldn't copy him. This
was in order to prevent unworthy No-Code Technicians from
eavesdropping on him.

BTW, all the other Pro-Code Extras were good with it, coming up with
cool, old-timey sounding excuses for such bad behavoir. "Banana Boat
Swing" and "unique fist" were heard. A ham needn't try to produce CW
that meets the Morse Code specification for dots, dashes,
inter-dot/dash spacing, inter-character spacing, and inter-word
spacing.

I miss W0EX.

SC

In a way, so do I.

I wished he wouldn't get so upset and accept that he wasn't going to
change my mind.

At least a difference of opinion with Dick didn't make someone a liar.

He was pro-code but he wasn't trollish like me or WA8ULX were.

I believe in CW, but I'm not as Ruthless as I sound. I love to toss out
things and then listen to everyone gasp. ROFL. I know, I know, it's
sadistic...

but it's fun, and maybe some will see and figure out the point of it.

SC