Old October 28th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roadrunner NNTP Roadrunner NNTP is offline

Default Response to SC

I've had enough of SC in newsgroups!

Please don't answer his flaming posts. I would like for my 14 amateur radio
operator girl child (who is working on her code) to be able to use
newsgroups without this abuse. We should not have to put up with it either.

Copy and forward the following to . They should be able
to identify him from the headers and their logs.

Dear Earthlink Abuse . . .

Please get this clown off of usenet. There are several hobby groups where
he posts regularly his inflammatory material, often with profanities. Our
kids who are in the hobby certainly don't need to be exposed to this stuff.

Thanks.

Long time internet user and parent.

Newsgroups:
rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy ,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Subject: Stamp collecting doesn't require taking a code test.

From: Slow Code

Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:30:47 GMT

Oct 2006 17:30:47 PDT)

rec.radio.amateur.policy:343886 rec.radio.scanner:266398
rec.radio.swap:457098

Maybe you people could try stamp collecting.

SC

Newsgroups:
rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy ,rec.radio.swap

Subject: VE's should be allowed to use a cattle prod to make people take a
code test.

From: Slow Code

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:09:07 GMT

Oct 2006 17:09:07 PDT)

rec.radio.amateur.policy:343742 rec.radio.swap:457040

And if they fail the code test they get zapped again.

Bringing back 'spark' will be good for ham radio.

Newsgroups:
rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.antenna ,rec.radio.swap

Subject: I don't remember horse and buggy, outhouses, or churning butter

From: Slow Code

.com

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:51:10 GMT

Oct 2006 16:51:10 PDT)

rec.radio.amateur.antenna:257917 rec.radio.swap:457083

lazy ass Mike "amdx" wrote in

:

Slow Code wrote:

New hams just don't appreciate things anymore.

I don't remember,

cutting wood for winter, foraging the woods for berries,

turning the crank on a model T, building a spear to kill a deer,

washing my clothes in the river, making candles to light the night.

And I do appreciate that I don't have to do these things anymore.

Mike

Right, and why homebrew anymore when you can call HRO or AES and buy your

appliance off the shelf.

73,

Back to my CW and projects.

SC

SC

Newsgroups:
rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.antenna ,rec.radio.swap

From: Slow Code

.com

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:51:10 GMT

Slow Code wrote:

New hams just don't appreciate things anymore.

I don't remember,

cutting wood for winter, foraging the woods for berries,

turning the crank on a model T, building a spear to kill a deer,

washing my clothes in the river, making candles to light the night.

And I do appreciate that I don't have to do these things anymore.

Mike

Right, and why homebrew anymore when you can call HRO or AES and buy your

appliance off the shelf.

73,

Back to my CW and projects.

SC

Newsgroups:
rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy ,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Subject: Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham
radio?

From: Slow Code

et

et

. com

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:08:35 GMT

Oct 2006 17:08:35 PDT)

rec.radio.amateur.policy:343730 rec.radio.swap:457038
rec.radio.shortwave:537344

Opus- wrote in

:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start

spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their

limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

SC

Newsgroups:
rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc ,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Subject: If you had to learn morse code for a ham license would you stay on
CB?

From: Slow Code

Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:30:35 GMT

Oct 2006 17:30:35 PDT)

rec.radio.amateur.misc:299083 rec.radio.amateur.policy:343877

5wpm ain't really learning it. I can fart 5 wpm.

Lets kick the requirement up there to between 13 and 20 wpm for all

classes. And no-codes that haven't passed it after a year get booted which

will help clean up the repeaters.

SC

m.News. EarthLink Members should use their best judgment when posting to any
newsgroup. Many groups have charters, published guidelines, FAQs, or
"community standards" describing what is and is not considered appropriate.
Usenet can be a valuable resource if used properly. The continued posting of
off-topic articles is prohibited. Commercial advertisements are off-topic in
most newsgroups, especially regional groups not specifically named for such.
The presence of such articles in a group is not indicative of the group's
"intended" use. Please familiarize yourself with basic Usenet netiquette
before posting to a newsgroup.

EarthLink considers "multiposting" to 10 or more groups within a two week
sliding window to be excessive. EarthLink servers currently limit the number
of allowable "cross-posts" to 9.

EarthLink Members may not cancel messages other than their own messages. A
Member may cancel posts forged in that Member's name. We may cancel any
postings which violate this AUP.