Old October 28th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
T T is offline

Default I wonder if the same thing will happen again.

In article ,
says...

Back just before 5 wpm code went into effect, a bunch of hams upgraded
just so they could say their license wasn't a welfare license. Heee Heee.

I wonder if no-codes will make a mad rush to pass the code element this
time just so they can say they're a Code tested ham, or are welfare
license more acceptable these days?

SC

As someone that entered the hobby as a no-code tech and upgraded to
extra within a year, I feel I've earned the right to gripe. I did
element 1C at 20WPM. This 5WPM thing irks me.

Of course I haven't used a radio in a few years now. Restrictions on
antennas and the fact that 2m, 70cm and up are nothing but packet
trackers these days.