Old October 28th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default I wonder if the same thing will happen again.

"Slow Code" wrote in message
.net...

Back just before 5 wpm code went into effect, a bunch of hams upgraded
just so they could say their license wasn't a welfare license. Heee Heee.

I wonder if no-codes will make a mad rush to pass the code element this
time just so they can say they're a Code tested ham, or are welfare
license more acceptable these days?

SC

There are people who are pushing ahead on their code for that reason. I've
seen several postings to that effect on various ham sites. Others are
pushing ahead simply because they don't want to wait.

Dee, N8UZE