Old January 16th 04, 07:50 PM
Phil Witt

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:42:03 -0800, Ray Collins
*remove wrote:

As my old brain remembers they were regenerative, fair size meter on the
front, well made case with rounded corners, the size of a lunchbox and
stored in a wooden box. I think Potomac Instruments may be the one.
Now there's just finding one. ;-)

The Potomac FIM-41, which covers the broadcast band, is see on Ebay
from time to time. There was another one with broader coverage that
I've never seen for sale anywhere. Those might even be considered
rare. Still a ton of 41s and the older ones still in use by AM
directional stations. I've got two of them sitting right here but I
don' want to open them up. Best I recall they are just standard
portable radio type superhets without AVC.