Old October 28th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
w9gb w9gb is offline

Default Coax Crimp Tool Recommendation?

"Danny Richardson" wrote in message
Looking for suggestions for a good crimp tool for installing coax
connectors. It will primarily for BNC connectors on RG-174, 58 and 59
cables. Although the RG-8 cable family capability would be nice too.

I do wish to avoid being a captive customer in that brand X crimp tool
only works well with brand X connectors.

And, of course, looking for the best bank for the buck.

Thanks,

Danny

IF, 75 ohm BNC is okay .....for your specific application ...
then I would seriously consider the Snap-N-Seal (20.3mm) or Stirling
(19.3mm) compression connectors and tools. Note the size difference. USA
CATV operators seem to have adopted one of these 2 approaches nationally.

Connectors are available as BNC, F, RCA.
https://www.tselectronic.com/thomandbetts/sns6bnc.html

https://www.tselectronic.com/thomand...sns1p6rmx.html

Supported RG-59/U; RG-6/U (various shield versions) and RG-11/U
https://www.tselectronic.com/thomandbetts/sns.html