Old October 29th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default XF4DL: how are folks doing?

wrote in message
Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
they working PSK31 or RTTY on the expedition? (I dragged
the 706 out but haven't found the microphone, and I think

I worked them on PSK31 on 30 meters yesterday morning. DX Summit said
they were on 17 RTTY at the time too, but I couldn't find them there.

If you can find the microphone, you can use the up/down buttons as a
paddlegrin...

I found the mike, and caught one of the ops on 21295 simplex;
that's number 191 worked for me. It was my first phone ops
in 3 years, and I think a general dislike for SSB pileups
is part of why I went inactive for a while. I've been in
some RTTY pileups and even a few PSK pileups, but for some
reason the digital pileups seem much less frantic, and much
easier on my system.

Not so many "cops" yelling "HE's working UP, you LID!" for
one thing. :-) I've really enjoyed PSK; hope more
expeditions to exotic places will be including it when
they plan their modes/bands.

That's why I prefer working DX on CW.

Dee, N8UZE