Old October 28th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
w9gb w9gb is offline

Default Subaudible tones on old Icom IC-2000

"Bob D." wrote in message
m...
How do you get the subaudible tones to work on the Icom IC-2000? The
procedure in my manual does not work. (Or, maybe I'm interpreting it
wrong.)
--
Bob Donahue ND9B

Icom IC-2000 Manual
http://www.icom.co.jp/manual/externa.../IC-2000_H.pdf

Repeater operation - and set-up of CTCSS (sub audible tones) is on pages 13
and 14

This REQUIRES the usage of the SET mode.
Page 2 of the manual shows you where this button is on the front panel and
how to use it.

Page 5 shows you the front panel -- see the #4 TONE indicator at the top of
LCD ?

You MUST rotate your front dial to set the CTCSS frequency. THEN, the [DUP]
button must be pushed to finally set to EXIT the SET mode.

gb