Old October 29th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

On 28 Oct 2006 14:01:31 -0700,
On 27 Oct 2006 16:43:42 -0700,
wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
Dees coming around in her own way, but the brainwashing that she's
undergone is strong. Perhaps in another decade... if there's still an
amateur radio. If only she had been able to think spontaneously and
resist, the brainwashing wouldn't have been so well received.

thinking ability is not prised by our educational system by and large

The Catholics have done a commendable job in the educational department.

Realy

No, not really.

No?

No.

Yep, and for far less money than the public schools operate on.

That's because they can pick and choose their students, and the areas
they serve.

Nope.

Incorrect. Catholic schools do not have to serve every area, nor accept
every student.

The Catholic School can only accept students that apply. No one
is forced to apply or attend.

That's true. But it's not the point.

And there are no geographical
restrictions to the area that a Catholic School services, only the
ability of a parent to get their child to school on time.

Which is the exact opposite of what public schools must do.

Public schools must provide an education for *all* students in *all*
districts. They must provide transportation to and from school if the
student lives beyond a specified distance.

And they cannot charge the studen't family for any of those services.

Public schools cannot.

They can as much as any school can.

No, they cannot.

A Catholic school can refuse to admit any student who applies, for a
wide variety of reasons. They can expel any student for similar
reasons.

The reason can be as simple as "we're full" or as complicated as "we
can't deal with your child's special problems".

Public schools must accept every student in the district. If the
student has special needs, the district must deal with them
appropriately, even if it means sending the student to a special school
at the school district's expense, providing aides and special
transportation, etc. And the public school system has to pay for all of
it.

Catholic schools can simply say "it's not our problem" and not admit
the student.

i honestly have no real dat on the subject NOT being catholic
and being from a religious background that frowns on Rome we have
tended to avoid thier school

That isn't to say that Catholics don't have a whole host of other
problems.

Some of which have made the headlines in recent years.

Protestant Churches have made EXACTLY the same headlines.

Not that I've seen.

But serving in other ways hasn't made any headlines.

What does that mean?

I do hope some schools are doing a better
job

In public schools? Rare!

Not in my experience. Of course, community support for the public
schools varies all over the place.

Just like community support for the military varies all over the place.

Does "support for the military" mean that the decisions of the
Commander In Chief must never be questioned?

It often seems that way.

I mean Dee equates being able to do Morse Code (which she flasely
claims based on the lies she was taught is somehow related to basis of
Radio Maxwells equations to data that wtries to keep someone from
hurting themselves, shows poor thinking process

One does not need to know Maxwell's Equations to do radio safely.

Yet you speak of Maxwell's Equations often.

Not really.

I do know them and understand them, though. They're not on any US
amateur radio exam.

Dee says she has no use for the Smith Charts. What were you saying
about the smith charts?

Smith Chart.

Dee's doing the best she can with her self-imposed handicaps.

??

??

What "self imposed handicaps"?

And what about your sexist remark to her?