Old October 29th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Doug Smith W9WI Doug Smith W9WI is offline

Default How do I give Radio Reports?

helmsman1 wrote:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 04:50:11 -0500, SR wrote:

Hello everyone:

I do not know too much about LPFM. Part of my interest is listening to
FM collage noncommercial stations, usually found 88.-92 MHZ. Not sure
if these stations qualifies as Low Power FM?

However, I am trying to expand my hobby, and wondering how do I go about
giving receiving radio reports to these stations.

Also please let me know where I could find a group of people who are
interested in giving radio reports to legal stations.

Thank you.

http://www.koshko.com/radio/sinpo.shtml

Domestic AM/FM/TV stations don't understand SINPO. (heck, most of them
have never seen a reception report) Just describe reception in plain
text -- "WFAN was fairly loud and easily intelligible with a bit of
interference in the background from an Arizona station on the same
frequency", something like that.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66