Old October 29th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Haven't a clue on Slow Code. The style doesn't sound like Coslo or
Miccolis.

Obviously it's someone who's been here awhile.

Don't really know the style of the other fellows writing.

Troll was the racist poster ("My favorite black on the bus...," and
"Welfare mothers of Color with their hands out...").

I delete such without reading them and generally delete all the resulting
posts.

Yep. That's a helluva thing for a 20 year veteran to be saying. I'm
sure he had to spend a fair amount of time in the "Social Actions"
office with them trying to reeducate him. And the totally laughable
part of all that was that he said he had a degree in human resources
and was trying to land a position in that field.

Deignan was the vanity callsign collector and the original "RF
Commando." He called me a liar when I said he had collected 12
callsigns, but I was wrong - one of the callsigns actually belonged to
his wife at the same address. So I guess I was a liar after all. I
should have known that he had a Ham Wife that collected vanity
callsigns, too.

There are way too many people that confuse honest mistakes with lying.
Don't be one of them.

I'm not, though I do throw it in Robesin's face when he call an opinion
that differes from his "A LIE!"

The FCC has been getting on people for doing that and
making them justify the calls or give them up.

They got on Deignan, too.

Deignan's buddy in Hawaii loaned him his PO Box number so he could scam
some Hawaiin calls, meanwhile, the Hawaiin PO Box owner was scamming a
Guam callsign. Never been to Guam and could have operated /KH2 like I
did for two years. I guess a Hawaiin Call Stroke Guam Call is a pretty
cool thing...

Don't see why. But again the FCC is getting wise to such antics.

With some of these guys they think it adds to their credential. It's
like the JA's using a JA owned hotel address on Guam to get the Guam
1x2 calls.

But collecting 11 different call and then turning some of them into
Hawaiin calls is just another form of megalomania that we see on RRAP.

In QRZ.com, in the name search, type in "RF Commando" or something like
that. Nevermind, I'll do it...

There are 1 records matching +rf* +commando*

KB1CCE RF COMMANDOS RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER

There are 3 records matching +Deignan*

KH6HZ DEIGNAN MICHAEL P (This one is a Hawaiin call with a MA addy)
WE1RD MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION (This one in Rhode Island,
weird)

The 3rd is a yl in Canada, so I'm not posting that.

Anyway, all three of the above calls are at different addresses.

Anyway, these are the guys who pass judgement on me because I am too
fat, lazy, and stupid to buy into the whole Morse Exam stuff at 5, and
then 13, and then 20 WPM.

Depends on how bad you want the privileges. Just don't ask for something
for nothing. Originally I had no interest in ham radio but my husband at
the time dragged me to a class as something we could do together. As I got
involved, I found it interesting. I deduced very early on that what I
wanted to get out of ham radio would best be served by going all the way to
Extra. Since I wanted the privileges, I met the requirements including the
20 wpm.

So if he dragged you to a class, how did you end up presiding over the
class that took him to Extra?

Not everyone wants those privileges. Kim is a case in point. She is a Tech
Plus and could have gotten her General with just a written test and no
further code testing as of April 2000. She chose not to because she did not
really like HF operations. The typical background static of HF bothers her.
Her interests lie in VHF and up. Since she has full privileges there, the
General does not serve her goals.

Yep. Technician is a whole lot of priveleges.

That's the beauty of anon postings, they don't have to follow their own
"style."

Very true. But it takes a lot of discipline to consistently write in a
different style and not make tell tale slips. When Len Anderson was posting
as Avery Fineman, it was quite obvious they were the same person.

When I post as Hot-Ham, there's no intent to deceive. There is an
intent to have a throw-away email address that I've checked the mailbox
content about twice. It can fill up with all that spam that the
spammers desire.

I Am What I Am. That a famous quote of Popeye.

I began posting as hot-ham when I gave up Billy Beeper at Hans request.
I'd prefer to not post with my name and/or call as I used to, as I
seem to get lots and lots of spam when I do.

Meanwhile, Robesin has posted my name, call and address much more than
I have.

That's so swell of him.

I guess when Mark posts Robesin's address and phone number, it's just
tit for tat. No?

Doesn't really matter as with the internet this information is findable one
way or another if one cares to go after it. Posting it here only shows that
you have the internet search skills of any average user and get some kind of
juvenile thrill out of posting it.

Dee, N8UZE

The intent is to intimidate.