Old January 16th 04, 02:42 PM
Ray Collins

As my old brain remembers they were regenerative, fair size meter on the
front, well made case with rounded corners, the size of a lunchbox and
stored in a wooden box. I think Potomac Instruments may be the one.
Now there's just finding one. ;-)

Ed Price wrote:
"Ray Collins" *remove wrote in message

Years ago, in another life, I worked in radio. There was a small test
set that measured RF so that the station engineers could tell the
contours still matched the promise of performance. Can't remember what
they were called and who manufactured them. Anybody?

They were in a beige case with a meter on the front and were fairly BIG $.

Field Intensity Meter or a Field Strength Meter or an EMI Receiver.

Beige case (maybe one for meter and one for the power supply?), big $ =
Stoddart NM series meters.
Same, but gray crinkle, bigger (but only one) box, big $ = Empire NF-105
meter.
Really, really big case, microwave, pale green & beige, really big $$,
Polarad FIM meter.

OTOH, hand-held beige, modest $, maybe a Narda power density meter (did it
have a separate hand-held wand?).

Ed
wb6wsn