Old October 30th 06, 02:53 AM posted to alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Default best anti-RF ignition wiring TYPE

63Avanti wrote:
best anti-RF ignition wiring TYPE

background:
I am getting my vintage AM/FM Delco reconditioned with the intent of
getting that "cruis'n feeling" I will also add non-vintage sound
deadening, and other electrical/static improvements noted here and
elsewhere. Thanks for the help.

My query in a different area. In the sixties, I was always changing
ignition cables attempting to minimize "ignition buzz" on my radio.
(not really a problem since the mid-70s). Back then, I found one type
that worked ok, but I cannot find it any more. (Most of this help in
the 60's came from that Hams, thus I am including them in this
question)

Now for the "new" question.
What "TYPE" of ignition wiring for maximum should I get for my Avanti
(with modern electronic distributor) R2?

Are you sure, first of all, that it's ignition noise you're experiencing, and
not alternator whine, or EMI from another source? Or is this just all
precautionary?

First thing I'd recommend, IF there's noise, is confirming the source of it,
before putting the time and effort into addressing one possible source.