Old October 30th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:

I expect you'll say the same thing about the written exam in ten years
too.

SC

Not me. Jim/N2EY is the one who trotted out that strawman. I guess if
he can't have amateur radio the way he wants it, he'll make sure it
becomes a non-technical hobby.

Then let's kick the code requirement back up to somewhere between 13
and 20 WPM for all license classes. Then, even if you're not a technical
ham you at least have a skill.

SC