Old October 30th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan Taylor Alan Taylor is offline

Default Large Wire Antenna for 17m

Some good ideas, thanks.
Uni or Bi directional are both OK. I can get about 55ft in height. I just
want to use the space I have as effectively as I can for a 17m antenna. I am
OK for quite a few bands with my existing antennas but cant put up my tower
because of the visual impact! I will look at some of the antennas you have
suggested.

73 Alan

"Alan Taylor" wrote in message
I have some space and some high trees. I already use a 400ft doublet with
atu for several bands and a 30m half square and get good results. I want to
improve my performance on 17m. I am now thinking about a wire antenna
with reasonable performance for 17m only. I have thought about a full wave
loop, even a bobtail. A broadside array would be great but I am not keen
on antennas with reflectors or directors because of the complexity of
support ropes. So, really some kind of antenna supported by ropes from two
trees would be ideal. Any ideas please?

Alan VK6BN