Old October 30th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank's Frank's is offline

Default Possible NEC2 bug

A quick check of the NEC 2 manual indicates the SC card
does not appear to be supported. It does not run with
my NEC2 program, but works fine in NEC4.

Well it is, it has to be since its the only way to input data
for anything but a random shaped patch. It works for me
here anyhow. It doesn't work on its own though, has to
follow an SP card.

I should have looked more carefully. I found it on page 30
under details for the SP card. Strange, but my NEC-Win Pro
does not recognize SC. When I attempt to run your code
I get the following error message in the NEC output file:
"NUMBER OF WIRE SEGMENTS AND SURFACE
PATCHES EXCEEDS DIMENSION LIMIT".

You could also try to contact LB Cebik for help at:
www.cebik.com

73,

Frank

I am sure Gerry Burke at LLNL would be glad to help you.

I managed to find an email address I could reach him eventually,
hope he can have a look at this, it may be in the NEC4 code as
well.

Thanks for your input and 73's

Neoklis