Old October 30th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:

[snip]

Depends on how bad you want the privileges. Just don't ask for something
for nothing. Originally I had no interest in ham radio but my husband at
the time dragged me to a class as something we could do together. As I
got
involved, I found it interesting. I deduced very early on that what I
wanted to get out of ham radio would best be served by going all the way
Extra. Since I wanted the privileges, I met the requirements including
the
20 wpm.

So if he dragged you to a class, how did you end up presiding over the
class that took him to Extra?

Different husband. My previous husband dragged me to the Tech class. We
split up a few years later. Then after that I met the man who was to become
my current husband. It is my current husband who took the Extra class that
I was teaching. Sorry for the confusion there.

No problem.

Although it would have been possible for me to have taught my previous
husband since I reached Extra a couple of months before he did.

Anyone can teach a class licensed or not, but an Extra (actually 3
Extras) must proctor the Extra exam.

Not everyone wants those privileges. Kim is a case in point. She is a
Tech
Plus and could have gotten her General with just a written test and no
further code testing as of April 2000. She chose not to because she did
not
really like HF operations. The typical background static of HF bothers
her.
Her interests lie in VHF and up. Since she has full privileges there,
the
General does not serve her goals.

Yep. Technician is a whole lot of priveleges.

That's the beauty of anon postings, they don't have to follow their own
"style."

Very true. But it takes a lot of discipline to consistently write in a
different style and not make tell tale slips. When Len Anderson was
posting
as Avery Fineman, it was quite obvious they were the same person.

When I post as Hot-Ham, there's no intent to deceive. There is an
intent to have a throw-away email address that I've checked the mailbox
content about twice. It can fill up with all that spam that the
spammers desire.

I Am What I Am. That a famous quote of Popeye.

And I don't criticize some one who does that. It is only when there is the
apparent intent to deceive (Len Anderson) or the appaerent intent to violate
their ISPs TOS (Mark Morgan), that it is unreasonable.

Welp, good breeding keeps me from doing what Robesin does. And Robesin
wasn't stopped until someone out-assholed him. All Mark asked for was
an apology for being called a rapist. Robesin couldn't do that.

I began posting as hot-ham when I gave up Billy Beeper at Hans request.
I'd prefer to not post with my name and/or call as I used to, as I
seem to get lots and lots of spam when I do.

Meanwhile, Robesin has posted my name, call and address much more than
I have.

That's so swell of him.

I guess when Mark posts Robesin's address and phone number, it's just
tit for tat. No?

Doesn't really matter as with the internet this information is findable
one
way or another if one cares to go after it. Posting it here only shows
that
you have the internet search skills of any average user and get some kind
of
juvenile thrill out of posting it.

Dee, N8UZE

The intent is to intimidate.

Such an attempt is foolish. Anyone who is intimidated by that must not be
aware how easy that information is to find these days.

Dee, N8UZE

Information coupled with action is called stalking.