Old October 31st 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.swap
RadioGuy RadioGuy is offline

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

In article t,
says...
wrote in
ps.com:

Slow Code wrote:

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

Mike, skill. Singular. There is no skill test for any other mode.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

You may not be lazy, but you're fully prepared to kill off amateur
radio with archaic requirements. I guess if you can't have the amateur
radio the way you want it, to hell with it all.

We have to dumb it down to keep it from dying?

SC

Why do you care? At the rate you drink your liver will give out before
they change anything.