Old October 31st 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich Yuri Blanarovich is offline

Default 160 meter antenna pros and cons

The easiest antenna is Inverted Vee, dipole cut for the middle of the band
where you want to operate, one support, fed with coax (50 ohms), no need to
match anything, just trim the ends to resonate around 1840. Ends can be
zig-zagged to fit the space. With good ground it accentuates the vertical
polarization and low angle component.

Simple and it works. Got one here in a tree.

73 Yuri, K3BU

"Merlin-7 KI4ILB" wrote in message
. ..
I have 2 wire antennas that I am thinking about putting up..

#1 A long wire with the shield of the coax grounded to the tower at the
feed
point with the center of the coax connected to a long wire cut for mid
band
on 160.

#2 a normal dipole cut for mid band 160.

What are the pros and cons of each?

Max output is 100 watts
MFJ deluxe versa tuner II
Coax fed
Air wound choke ...possible or if needed..
I do have an antenna analyzer for tuneing.

Joe
KI4ILB
solar powered ham radio 24/7