Old October 31st 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rick Rick is offline

Default 160 meter antenna pros and cons

Normal dipole. You need all the height you can get. With the long wire of
course it is dependent on the physical configuration as to whether you get
horizontal or vertical radiation, and you need a ground for it that could
be considerable. In fact MUST be considerable to reduce losses in the
earth.
I had an inverted L up last year, 40 feet vertical and 80 ft mostly
horizontal with 16 radials of about 50 ft, some longer. My inverted vee at
50 feet worked just as good. I almost never could see any difference, and
the inv vee is trivial to feed.

Rick K2XT