Old November 1st 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default 11 meter quad beam

jim wrote in :

james wrote:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:51:14 -0500, jim
wrote:

+++Steveo wrote:
+++
+++ (I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
+++
+++From:
(Steveo)
+++
+++I wish the PDL II was still being made.
+++
+++Have you considered stacked V-quads?
+++
+++
+++ Not really. I think jo gunn is the route I'm going so far. Anyone
disagree? +++Being a fan of the ants, the only thing i can say about
them is its 10+ +++years in a salt air environment and the only thing I
modified was the +++nuts/screws to stainless.

*************

I prefer chrome plated brass for marine and salt environment over
stainless steel. With enough exposure and time, SS will rust. Brass
never rusts.

james

Cheers James, but where am I missing something when you say stainless
steel rusts? Wouldn't brass oxidize in a salt environment? Besides what
I am reffering to is the nuts/bolts holding the kit together. An
observant operator will inspect his kit yearly and make adjustments
accordingly.

CB'ers aren't all that observant.

SC