Old November 1st 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank Frank is offline

Default Possible NEC2 bug

"neok" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Oct 30, 8:01 pm, "Frank's" wrote:
I should have looked more carefully. I found it on page 30
under details for the SP card. Strange, but my NEC-Win Pro
does not recognize SC. When I attempt to run your code
I get the following error message in the NEC output file:
"NUMBER OF WIRE SEGMENTS AND SURFACE
PATCHES EXCEEDS DIMENSION LIMIT".

This is very likely to do with the bug I reported. Gerry has now
verified
it is a bug and provided me with a fix. I don't know what he intends to
do now to notify vendors and users but this bug never showed all these
years because the input that causes it (wire connected to a patch and
EK
card used) is not a useful case.

73's

Neoklis 5B4AZ

Interesting, thanks Neoklis. Since NEC 4 ignores the EK card I guess
it explains why it runs without error.

73,

Frank (VE6CB)