Old November 1st 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Doug Smith W9WI Doug Smith W9WI is offline

Default STIX HIX NIX IBOC

ve3... wrote:
I was driving on one of Northern Ontario's lonely roads yesterday at
5:30 am. No traffic and all there was to do was plod along and watch

WABC's HD *can't* interfere with reception of WJR and WBBM in Canada,
because you can't get WJR or WBBM (or for that matter, WABC) in Canada.

Well, at least that's the official line. US stations aren't protected
from interference in Canada, and vice-versa.

'Course, if you were driving on the US side of the border - say, between
International Falls and Pembina - you'd have experienced the same thing...

Are there any local AM stations left in Northern Ontario? (grin, kinda)

I was up in Sudbury last fall & 790 was the only local AM left, I did
see (and hear) a French LPRT somewhere between there & Sault Ste. Marie
-- Iron Bridge, I think. IIRC there aren't any AMs in Thunder Bay
anymore, and the ones in Kenora & Fort Frances have both moved to FM.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66