Old November 1st 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ve3... ve3... is offline

Default STIX HIX NIX IBOC

We do occasionally observe major stations running IBOC at night. It
must be some kind of FCC-sanctioned test as it happens far too often to
be explained as technical errors at some of the country's
best-engineered stations. Usually that doesn't happen at this many
stations at the same time though.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""
I was in the Eastern Time zone. It might have been a test as I have
never noticed this interference before. I thought it might have some
connection to the switch from Daylight saving time. All the am stations
you hear in Sault Ste Marie are from the US side although they tend to
be buried by skip. I remember passing through Iron Bridge one day
years ago when it was an am station. They had an antenna strung between
two telephone poles and a kid was doing a remote at the Dairy Queen
from a volkswagon bus using an old Garrard record changer. A real
operation bootstrap. I gave them and A++ for effort. Now that it is a
French staion, I noticed that they have a proper tower on a hill above
the town but the local charm is gone. One thing is for su those
so-called weak little IBOC sidebands completely covered the adjacent
stations.