Old November 1st 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default two topics one OT and one not

jawod wrote:

Roy, Thanks for the response. Soounds like I might have bit off more
than I can chew...but I may still try it...installation, at least, seems
a fairly easy project in Ohio winter.

It's really not hard to design, build, or set up. I used one at Field
Day this year as I have for the past 20 or so(*), and I had ones for 20
and 15 at home for quite a few years. One Field Day many years ago when
the kids were little and we "car camped" with friends, we put FD Special
antennas for 40, 20, and 15 up about 90 feet with a slingshot. Were the
top of our class that year. Quite a few have been built for various
bands and reports I've gotten is that they work as designed. Have fun!

(*) For a non-rotatable Field Day antenna from this location, the
pattern is just about ideal. It's wide enough to cover most of the U.S.
and without any significant power being wasted to the rear. I use only
one feedline on Field Day since there's no real need to switch the
direction.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL