Old November 2nd 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] revfoxweek9@yahoo.com is offline

Default Do you want CB'ers to get your Ham bands?

CB'ers are a dying breed also. It's getting to be you can't
even find 2 models of CB radio at WalMart or the auto supply store
anymore so ham bands are in no trouble. Most truckers
are using FRS channel 4 for road info now, still some on
Channel 19 but even that is starting to drop off with alot
of them now having mobile internet links in their rigs.
I know one guy who has complete satellite TV and wireless
net access in his sleeper cab via a laptop on a swinging
arm righ over his bunk in the sleeper. He can e-mail or
talk to the XYL in real time via a camera right from his truck.
Who needs CB and Ham rigs anymore? Many more are
using NexTel to talk back to home and on the road via talkgroups.
Rest easy pal! Ham radio is in NO WAY threatened. Trust me.

Slow Code wrote:
Then write the FCC and tell them to retain the CW requirement and make it
5wpm for Tech, 13wpm for General and 20 wpm for Extra.

I don't want CB'ers to get the ham bands either.

SC