Old November 2nd 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default 11 meter quad beam

jim wrote in :

Slow Code wrote:

jim wrote in
:

james wrote:

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:51:14 -0500, jim
wrote:

+++Steveo wrote:
+++
+++ (I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
+++
+++From:
(Steveo)
+++
+++I wish the PDL II was still being made.
+++
+++Have you considered stacked V-quads?
+++
+++
+++ Not really. I think jo gunn is the route I'm going so far.
Anyone disagree? +++Being a fan of the ants, the only thing i can say
about them is its 10+ +++years in a salt air environment and the only
thing I modified was the +++nuts/screws to stainless.

*************

I prefer chrome plated brass for marine and salt environment over
stainless steel. With enough exposure and time, SS will rust. Brass
never rusts.

james

Cheers James, but where am I missing something when you say stainless
steel rusts? Wouldn't brass oxidize in a salt environment? Besides what
I am reffering to is the nuts/bolts holding the kit together. An
observant operator will inspect his kit yearly and make adjustments
accordingly.

CB'ers aren't all that observant.

SC

Ya know mate you've been postng negative crap concerning cb operators
for the past several months. Whats up with that?

Just being observant.

SC