Old November 2nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default RF gets into computer

I had similar issues with USB disconnects etc while operating HF QRO. I then
added a ground wire from the case of the PC to my station ground and that
resolved it for me...

--

73,Charlie-AD5TH
www.ad5th.com

"RadioGuy" wrote in message
In article .net,
says...
"John, N9JG" wrote in
t:

When I operate on 75 meter SSB with my transceiver, my computer beeps
and disconnects/reconnects my USB connected keyboard. Note that I do
not
have this problem on 40 meter SSB. My computer is located on the second
floor of a brick house, and one end of my dipole is about 15 feet from
my shack.

From comments made by others, I may have to put RF filters on the
cables
and wires connected to my computer. I am contemplating the use of
Amidon FT-240-77 ferrite toroids, which have an I.D. of 1.4 inches and
cost $9 each. If I buy in quantities of 10, is there a cheaper source
for this toroid?

Any comments or suggestions on this problem would be appreciated.

Do CW, you won't know if it's your computer or radio beeping. Problem
solved.

SC

You know nothing. You have the lowest brain capacity of any living
human in the world!!