Old November 2nd 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes Jerry Martes is offline

Default Phasing Verticals

"John Phillips" wrote in message
A friend of mine is shunt feeding his 80 foot tower on
75 meters. He asked me if he could install another shorter (35 ft)
inductively loaded vertical 1/4 wave away from the tower
and phase them to favor Europe. I was not sure. Will two unequal
physically, but resonate, vertical antennas have the same low angle of
radiation as two that are equal in size? My thought is that they may have
some kind of directivity, but not as low an angle as equal ones. Yes,
there will be a good system of ground radials.

John / K1BXI

Hi John

Have you considered trying to model the antenna with EZNEC?
Antenna modeling scared me because I'm not bright. But EZNEC is quite
understandable and easy to use.

Jerry