Old November 2nd 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser Frank Dresser is offline

Default STIX HIX NIX IBOC

"Mark Zenier" wrote in message

From the theory stuff I read off the web, the worst IBOC interference
should be on the station 20 kHz away, as the sideband(s) for the primary
digital channel are on 15-25 kHz (on both sides) from the carrier.
Unless the IBOC station had reduced their analog bandwidth and were
using the second channel (which runs from 5-15 kHz, both sides).

Mark Zenier

As far as I know, all the IBOC stations have a maximum audio bandwidth of 5
kHz. 8 kHz AM audio bandwidth is supposed to be an option, but that
degrades the IBOC performance.

Frank Dresser