Old November 2nd 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stan Barr Stan Barr is offline

Default The Poacher

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 06:41:55 GMT, Sid wrote:
Steve wrote:
WPE9JRL wrote:
Hering it here rather weakly but peaking up to S-7 at times in Northern
Wisconsin. R-5000 with 200ft loop.

I thought all this numbers nonsense ended a few years ago. (?).

Pat

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Currently hearing the Lincolnshire Poacher, poachin' on 6959 khz.

After I posted about hearing her on 6959 I checked 11545 and she was
even stronger there.

Don't know why some erstwhile radio enthusiasts who have yagis
get together and organize a fix on these stations.

IIRC the Lincolnshire Poacher is on the RAF base on Cyprus.
The Enigma people will know.
Still plenty of numbers stations to be heard, particularly if you can
read Morse Code... :-)
--
Cheers,
Stan Barr stanb .at. dial .dot. pipex .dot. com

The future was never like this!