Old November 2nd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default RF gets into computer

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:52:20 GMT, "John, N9JG"
wrote:

1) Ran #12 wire through the 2nd-story window sill and down to a 10 feet long
copper clad ground rod. The length of the wire run is about 15 feet. While
this may seem to be an obvious step, at my previous QTH the use of an earth
ground made RF feedback problems worse on some bands.

Hi John,

Make sure to connect this in dependant ground to the service ground or
you will have created an yet undiscovered new problem.

I say this because of the clue offered in your statement above about
problems becoming WORSE (you probably didn't have that ground tied to
the service ground then too, did you?).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC