Old November 3rd 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Don is offline

Default National NC-120 audio transformer

Thanks for the response. Will I run the risk the damaging other
components if I try an audio transformer with a 10,000 ohm primary and
an 8 ohm secondary?
Hi Don...

It appears to be the same transformer that is used in my RAO-3. The
specs in my manual are identical. The only thing I can figure is that
many shipboard radios were not designed for use with a loudspeaker.
The audio normally went to a distribution panel and was routed to
an amplifier located somewhere else on the ship. This ratio may be
necessary to limit the audio output from the receiver to prevent
over driving the headphones or external amplifier.

73, Roger

--
Remove tilde (~) to reply

Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)