Old November 3rd 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ve3... ve3... is offline

Default STIX HIX NIX IBOC

wrote:
But what are you hearing on that weak station? Certainly nothing that I
do not know already.I gave up dxining years ago.
.
cuhulin

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""
You don't understand. When you are driving around in the boonies in the
North there are no local stations to listen to. You can drive miles and
never see another car. There are more moose than people. At night all
the channels are filled with US stations with strong signals from the
clear channels. To add insult to injury, the few Canadian stations that
can be heard are covered up by the skip and if IBOC spreads the
sidebands will block them as well:. In the daytime, short wave
provides good signals. Just imagine tuning from 530khz to 1700 khz and
hearing nothing but hiss. This is the price you willingly pay to live
far away from cities. I think many city-dwellers would like to live in
the country if they could figure out a way to do it.