Old November 4th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Ring Tom Ring is offline

Default Phasing Verticals

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Tom Ring wrote:

Hint hint Roy. There are a lot of us out here that use only, or
almost only, Linux.

The "lot" comprises about 5% of the total market at the outside. Are you
willing to pay 20 times as much for EZNEC as Windows users?

I would gladly pay double without a blink, and I doubt that it would be
that much work, in the long run, to make a Linux version. Your SW and
your call obviously, but you are making a very wrong assumption that
porting a version that runs under a different OS takes nearly the same
development effort.

I would gladly assist in making it work. I have no idea what language
it is written in, but as long as it is not in something MS specific it
shouldn't be that hard to port.

tom
K0TAR