Old January 23rd 04, 04:54 PM
Ray

Richard G Amirault wrote in message ...
Are you *sure* it was 'army surplus'?? Anyway .. just type in "crystal
radio" in GOOGLE and have fun!

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

Ray wrote:
: May years ago my father gave me a small army surplus radio that was a
: little over 3" long and about 5/8" square and it had a small rod
: protruding from one end and a wire attached to an earplug from the
: other end. It was an AM radio crystal set and I spent many hours
: listening to the AM programs at night in my bed. One "tuned" stations
: by moving the rod in and out. Does anyone remember these and is it
: possible to find one now?

No I am not positive it was army surplus but it was kaiki brown/ green in color.