Old November 4th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default SX-117 help

"Antonio Vernucci" wrote in message
You will find a handbook at:
http://www.rigpix.com/hallicrafter/sx117.htm

I had looked for SX-117 pictures on the web, but I could
not find a picture clear enough to determine whether the
meter is at full scale or quite full scale when receiver
is off. The picture on the instruction manual is not clear
enough either. I was looking for someone who owns an
SX-117 and can look at the meter.

Sticky meters can sometimes be fixed by finding the
mechanical zero adjuster and working it back and forth
several times.

The SX-117 meter has no adjustment

But I have finally determined that the plastic lid has
static charges and the meter indication strongly varies
with lid distance. So I washed the lid with water and the
static charges have totally disappeared. The meter is not
at 9+60 steady. Still, as the scale end is actually 9+70,
I would still like to hear from an SX-117 owner whether
the meter is a 9+60 or 9+70 when receiver is off.

73

Tony I0JX

The illustration on the web site above clearly shows the
meter at full scale. Perhaps the cover should be treated
with some sort of anti-static cleaner.
Not all meters have external mechanical zero adjustments
but most have some sort of internal adjustment. Does it go
to full scale with the cover off?

--
---
Richard Knoppow