Old November 4th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default 10 questions about Canada

wrote in :

In rec.radio.amateur.policy Radiosrfun
wrote:
I have "a" question regarding "Canada". I went to McDonalds last night
and when I bought a meal, they had something referring to a "survey"
listed - they wanted folks to participate in and have chances to win
prizes. In that text, they made mention of "Canadians" being welcome
also - except for the Providence of Quebec - I believe. BUT - they had
also stated someting to the effect that the "Canadians" had to submit
to a "special skills question". What the hell is up with that? Is McDs
claiming Canadians are stupid? I'm curious as to WHAT type of "special
skills question" AND WHY? That text made NO mention of Americans having
to be subjected to the same "skills". Why didn't they include say
China, Japan, Russia, etc.... where other McDs may be? Why not the
Americans? WHY single out the Canadians?

That has to be one of the "dumbest" things I've ever heard of - and for
a "major" corporation to be doing so - is downright weird as hell. It
wouldn't surprise me if the Canadians started to "Boycott" McDs. I sure
wouldn't blame them!

McDs, not only have I been growing tired of your food and last night
may have been my last visit, now you're going to chase people away with
your "Bias". THAT was PLAIN IGNORANT.

Perhaps because, as in many states in the US, drawings are concidered
gambling and are illegal so they make it a legal contest by asking who
is buried in Grant's tomb and pick the winner from the correct answers.

Even with a question like that there is still no hope of a canuck ever
winning.

SC